- Introduction and expectations
UBI Business School, Brussels campus, is looking to fill a few teaching positions with qualified professionals (based in/around Brussels) to lead the teaching and future development of the following modules within our BSc (Hons) Business programme for its spring semester (Jan-May 2024):
- Year 1: French – Introductory level
- Year 2: French – Intermediate level
- Year 2: Accounting and Corporate Finance
The post holder is expected to be based in or around Brussels and be an active contributor to the enhancement of the programme & the students’ experience at UBI.
The post holder will be fully responsible for the running of the module (planning, delivery, marking and feedback, creating and maintaining material on Moodle, etc) in line with UBI’s Teaching Guide and other Academic Regulations. This position also involves having an active participation in UBI’s Academic Quality System as well as in other relevant academic activities (e.g. trainings and academic meetings).
The post is an exciting opportunity to join a quality private higher education institution in a challenging and dynamic working environment with international exposure.
- The post
The post holder will be involved in a range of academic activities in the School in a collegial and collaborative manner:
- Preparing, teaching and marking at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels and contributing to curriculum design, development, and enhancement.
- Supervising final projects for undergraduate students.
- Adhere to the administrative requirements of the school
- Attend a couple of academic meetings including faculty meetings and end of semester assessment board.
- Demonstrating excellent citizenship and potential for leadership in the programme and School.
- Engaging in collaborative opportunities with the public, private, and not-for profit/charitable sectors.
- Estimated dedication: 0.2 FTE per module.
- Teaching language: English
- The post may be complemented with other teaching and/or supervision activities in the School.
- There will be a probation period of two teaching cycles.
- Professors will report directly to the Programme Director.
- Applicants need to meet all essential criteria to be considered for interview.
- PhD/MBA (excluding language courses) in an area relevant to the post from an internationally renowned university and/or a recognised experience as senior manager operating at international level (at least five years).
- A successful track record of teaching in international contexts, including online and hybrid methods.
- A track record of successful engagement with teams involving culturally diverse and highly qualified professionals.
- Excellent communication skills in English (French and/or Chinese would be a plus) with the ability to tailor outputs to appropriate audiences and with a cross cultural approach to education.
- Proven ability to identify new and emerging opportunities and apply a strategic understanding of enterprise to teaching and learning activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student-centred learning.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working both autonomously and collaboratively with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international accreditation requirements for business schools.
- Be proactive, passionate about higher education, with high level of energy, and ability to respond to different situations related to student life.
Description of the program
Interested candidates should submit a 1-page cover letter clearly stating and identifying her/his potential contributions to the module, programme, and School, an up-to-date CV, and the name of two referees. Candidates may want to include other possible areas for teaching. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal interview, only at this stage references will be requested.
- Submission of documents: 17/12/2023
- Please submit your application via email to the below contact
- Personal interview: within 7 days after submission
UBI Business School, established in 1992 in Brussels, is a leading English-language business school offering high-quality business curricula with a strong international dimension. With three campuses situated in the heart of vibrant financial centres (Brussels, Luxembourg and Shanghai), UBI strives to develop a global environment to help prepare our students for tomorrow’s business world, creating international opportunities for your career and professional development.
Since 2012, UBI has been developing its programmes in partnership with Middlesex University London (UK), which ranks as one of the top 500 universities (Higher Education Statistics Agency) and top 10 transnational universities (Times Higher Education) in the world.
In 2023, UBI Business School has been ranked #26 worldwide for its joint-EMBA programme and received 5 stars (“Excellent”) by the QS university rating system in 3 of the most important categories: Employability, Teaching and Online Learning.
UBI is an equal opportunity employer. Also, UBI is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment where staff can thrive. UBI will select the best candidate solely on the basis of merit and ability to do the job. Unjustifiable discrimination based on gender, race, age, disability, religious or political beliefs, sexual orientation or any other reason will form no part of the selection process.