To be held entirely online, the UBI Case Competition is designed to encourage innovation and critical thinking by engaging students from high schools worldwide and providing them with the opportunity to step into the shoes of a CEO or consultant and help a real-world business tackle its most pressing challenges.
In the preliminary round, teams will be given a business case and have seven days to solve the problem. The case will describe a business dilemma whose resolution is unclear. Teams compete to develop the best solution for the problem, taking into account ethical, economic, environmental, legal and other considerations. The presented work will be judged by an independent panel comprising UBI faculty, leading industry practitioners, investors, and C-suite executives from established companies. Sixteen teams will be notified for qualification into the next round.
Eight shortlisted teams will be invited to attend a one-day workshop conducted by UBI which will equip them with practical hands-on knowledge on business building and valuation.Those eight teams will then be sent both the semi-final and final business cases and will have six days to prepare both cases. All eight teams will present their recommendations to UBI’s panel of judges who will pose follow-up questions to test the teams’ logic and assign scores to each presentation. Four teams will be qualified for the final round.
The competition is open to high school students who are eager to learn more about building successful businesses while also building their professional network.
- UBI Case Competition is open to all current high school students.
- Each team must comprise 2-3 members but there is no limit to the number of teams from each school.
- All participants will attend a UBI BSc class live via our hybrid learning classroom and receive a certificate of participation issued by UBI Business School.
- All qualifying teams will attend a valuation workshop to acquire hands-on knowledge from leading industry professionals in building a business case and valuing a business. They will also meet and interview business executives at the Case Finals Presentation and get a reference letter for university applications!
- All participants are eligible to win cash prizes and scholarships for UBI BSc programmes!
For more information, visit the Case Competition webpage!